Friday, December 2, 2011

Prsent* (for Present*)

At my family's Thanksgiving celebration over the weekend, my sister handed me a gift bag, an "early Christmas present," she said, "that just can't wait." It was a coffee cup with a picture of Santa Claus on it and the words "Marry Christmas." A typo mug for the typo blog! (As Pee-wee Herman, undoubtedly a big fan of the present-giving holiday, might say: "If you love it so much, why don't you marry it?") When I got home later that night and turned on the TV, I immediately heard someone say, "I'm not the marryin' kind..." Well, me neither, I guess, but I'm certainly glad someone was. This present is priceless. And now I can present it to all of you. Prsent* (for present*) turns up 88 times in OhioLINK and "too many records found for your search" in WorldCat. Here's hoping that those numbers presently go down like a misspelled mug of Christmas grog.

(Mug shot.)

Carol Reid

No comments: