Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Retrun* (for Return*)

This week is my return to Typo of The Day as a regular blogger.  I’ll refrain from the urge to rerun any of my previous typos, but must retrain myself, as my poor brain didn’t retain the blog’s password. 

Gizmodo’s list of the 25 most common passwords of 2013 didn’t help with that – we library types are generally smart enough (I like to think) not to use 12345 or qwerty as our easy-to-guess password.

Though I do have to give props to the folks who chose the 14th most popular password, letmein, which made me laugh (no opensesame?). 

Many thanks to Carol for having me back – I’ll be posting one week a month and look forward to coming up with terrible puns for you this summer.  If there’s one thing I’ve learned about cataloguers, it’s that we love terrible puns.

Leanne Olson

(Image of door knocker from Wikimedia Commons, courtesy of user EraserGirl)

No comments: