Thursday, April 28, 2016

Tempertu* (for Temperatu*)

I returned from a trip to the West Coast a few days ago, with a modest case of jet lag, and perhaps a little temp lag too. Fresh from the hot dry desert breezes and sun-kissed cerulean skies of southern California, I was rudely dumped back into a cold, gray, and rainy Albany. The plane had been hintingly chilly as well. First rule of Flight Club: Pack light. And then don't leave all your warm clothing in the suitcase you had to check because you foolishly packed too many clothes to begin with. (I brought shoes I didn't wear, and bought shoes I haven't worn. I lost my favorite cardigan, got a rash from borrowed sunscreen, and forgot to bring flip-flops.) Vacations are a bit volatile, much like the temperature. We had our ups and downs (temper, temper), but for most of the trip, it was smooth sailing and warm feelings all around. There were 18 occurrences of today's typo in OhioLINK, and 541 in WorldCat.

Photograph taken of "Unconditional Surrender" by Seward Johnson, USS Midway Museum, San Diego, California.)

Carol Reid

No comments: